A water Extinguisher is an all red cylinder.
Water Fire Extinguishers are designed to extinguish Class A (Paper, textiles, wood, most plastics & rubber) fires.
Do not use water fire extinguishers for:
- Electrical fires – this would be highly dangerous and could result in electrocution
- Fires involving flammable liquids, such as petrol and paint (‘class B’ fires)
- Fires involving flammable gases, such as methane and butane (‘class C’ fires)
- Cooking fires involving oil and grease, such as chip pan fires (‘class F’ fires)